Thursday, July 12, 2012

Ireland, Sillier Than Sally adventures (part 2)

The journey through Ireland continues...onto Carlow, to my uncle and auntys place for a Walsh clan catch up! There are a lot of Walshs =)

Family came from all over Ireland for a big catch up party, it was so great to catch up with so many relatives and get in some well over due hugs.

A video was pulled out of the huge and highly entertaining Walsh family Christmas's of 85 and 86, it was full of retro jumpers and brilliant hair do's on the adults/parents, the cousins (such youngins in the video) singing and Irish dancing away.... and santa (uncle Peter) making sure he got a kiss off every niece and nephew before he handed over their gifts...and all the while, me with my little bowl hair cut, trying to show up everyone with my not so great singing and dancing!
It was a hoot!

Quick snippet of me smacking around some kids (my Walsh cousins little ones) at our Walsh family get together....this could be one of the reasons I never get asked to babysit!! 
.....and I never let anyone forget it =)

I was thinking if I put a lot of my family photos...they might track me down and kill me...so you get stuck with a cheesy snap of Brett and I.


After the brill Walsh family catch up, we headed to off for a fabulous catch up with the fabulous O'D side of the family, my mums side.
The above photos are of my aunty B's art/scrapbooking studio... I fell instantly in love with this beautiful space. The talent that poors out of this family is amazing, and my auntys B's art work inspires me so much.

 Me checking out my cousin Damians studio space in Dublin....studio spaces are my idea of heaven.
This fantastic fella is one seriously good artist/illustrator, I think if we had an art off, he would kick my butt!!


The brill illustration above is his...you can check out more of his work here -  Web Site
....and if you are greedy for his work like I am, you can check out even more of his work here Portfolio

So time for me to get back out side and explore some more, catch you next time...probably from somewhere in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment